If you’re looking for someone to read your finished manuscript and find all of those pesky typos, double words, misplaced commas, and incorrect word usage before publishing, consider hiring me as a proofreader! As a proofreader, I will read your manuscript extremely carefully and mark up any spelling, punctuation, and grammar issues. I am not a copy editor or a fact checker! I will only be looking at typos and other minor errors to make your project the best reading experience it can be!
My Skills and Qualifications
- I am a graduate of the Proofread Anywhere General Proofreading Theory and Practice course.
- I am currently an editing intern with Entangled Publishing.
- I am an avid reader and reviewer, averaging 200 books per year.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science. Obviously, this isn’t English related in the slightest, but as a science major, I did a lot of peer review in my classes.
- I am detailed oriented (thanks, Science!) in my reading and can hone in on the errors.
- I love reading and want to see your work succeed!
What I Will Do For You
- I will read your manuscript carefully and thoroughly with a critical eye.
- I will use Track Changes in Microsoft Word to correct any misspellings, missing or incorrect punctuation, incorrect word usage, etc.
- I will offer suggestions for improvement in the case of more structural changes. Of course, you are not obligated to implement them.
What I Will NOT Do For You
- I will not specifically edit for sentence structure or other large picture criteria. This should already have been done by a copy editor. I should be the last set of eyes on your work before you make final changes.
- I will not post my comments in a public forum. All of my notes and critiques will stay between us.
Types of Projects I’m Interested In
- Books: Novels, nonfiction, and eBooks. All genres are welcome except for subjects that require technical knowledge (Medical, Law, etc).
- Blog posts, articles, and essays. All topics.
- Website copy, promotional materials, advertisements, and social media content.
- If you’re working on something not listed above, please feel free to reach out and I’ll see if it’s something I can proofread for you.
Prices and Terms*
- $0.004 per word — For reference, a 75,000 word novel would cost $300, and a 25,000 word novella would cost $100.
- Payments will be done through Paypal and must be received before I start proofreading.
- Due to the nature of the work, I cannot offer refunds if you change your mind after I have begun. It will be up to you if you want the changes for the portion I have completed.
- I will complete my proofread within 1 day of receipt of payment per every 10,000 words. If for any reason I am unable to complete my proofread on time (life happens!), I will notify you as soon as possible.
- If you need my critique sooner, a rush fee of $100 will be added if I can accommodate your request.
- I will consider projects on a case by case basis–based on my interest and availability–and will notify you by e-mail if I am accepting your project or not. If you do not hear from me within a week of submitting the form, please submit it again.
*Prices and terms are subject to change without notice.
Interested in hiring me?
Use the form below to tell me a little bit about the project you need proofread. Please include what it is (book, article, etc) and the exact word count.
I’m looking forward to helping you make your work more readable for your audience!